Do you feel that your computer is getting slower, or your laptop is draining more battery than ever? If so, you should start thinking of how to put programs to sleep on Windows 10.
Trust me! Several applications or the programs running in the background can be the reason for this issue.
The operating system of Windows 10 is designed in a way so that too many apps or programs can run in the background.
Well, this is surely a handy feature of Windows 10 as it can help the users in many ways. But, it can create annoying issues too.
Apps that are running in the background can hamper the system from running smoothly and consume more battery power.
There are some apps that you use a little and you need to put them to sleep for a smooth system.
So, don’t get worried. In this technical guide, I will share the guide regarding how to stop running programs in windows 10.
Is It Okay To Put The Apps Or The Programs To Sleep?
So, what happens when you put a program to sleep? When you select the apps or the programs to put to sleep, they do not run in the background on your system.
In this way, you can make the performance of your computer or laptop even better. Don’t worry. Putting the background programs to sleep does not mean you are uninstalling them. Those apps are still there on your system.
Even, they shall run normally when you open them. But, they will not create any issues anymore in your system’s performance. The best part is that you can change this setting anytime when you wish to use them again.
Now, learn how to put apps to sleep windows 10.
How To Put Background Programs To Sleep On Windows 10- User-Friendly Guide To All The Users
Well, the good news is that you can simply put the background applications or the programs to sleep in some easy steps. In this way, you can manage your system resources easily and enhance the performance of the device.
So, let’s discuss what the simple steps are.
- At first, you have to go to the start menu to open the settings of your device. If you opt for the shortcut, you can press the win key + R to open the settings.
- Now, you need to choose the ‘Privacy’ option.
- After that, you have to move forward to the left panel and scroll down until you see the ‘Background Apps’ option. You have to click on it when you see it.
- After clicking on the ‘Background Apps’, you will get two options. On the top, you will see an option that says: let apps run in the background. You can disable the option. Otherwise, you can look for the apps that you wish to put to sleep from the app list and make them put to sleep by turning them off.
How Do I Put The Background And Startup Services To Sleep?
Background and startup services can be annoying sometimes. They can hinder the system from running smoothly and you have to wait to open the necessary programs due to the startup and background services.
So, you are free to put them to sleep mode. But how to put background and startup services to sleep?
- You need to open the Task Manager. You can open it by clicking right on the start menu bar and then by selecting the Task Manager option.
- When the window appears, you have to choose the More Details option.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Startup’ tab. You will see the programs.
- Finally, you can choose the programs that you wish to put to sleep and then choose the ‘Disable’ option.
In this way, you are able to put the background and startup services to sleep.
Ways To Prevent The Unnecessary Processes On Windows 10
Too many unwanted processes on your system? Learn how to stop unnecessary processes windows 10.
Here are the workarounds that you can do to stop the unnecessary processes.
- Right-click on the start menu and select the Task Manager option. You can open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ Shift+ Esc.
- Choose the More Details option.
- Now, go to the Processes tab.
- You can see the processes that are currently running.
- You have to choose the processes that you want to stop.
- Now you can choose the option End Task at the right corner of the window. Or, you can right-click the process and choose the ‘End Task’ option.
How To Put Adobe Acrobat Reader DC To Sleep
- Go to the start menu and write services in the search box.
- Select ‘Services’.
- When the window appears, you have to select the Adobe Acrobat DC and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Disable’ option.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Put Programs To Sleep On My Computer?
- Open Settings.
- Choose the option ‘Privacy’.
- When the next window appears, move to the left panel and look for the ‘Background Apps’ option. Choose it.
- Now, you can choose the on/off option. Otherwise, you can choose the programs to put to sleep from the list of applications.
Do Programs Still Run In Sleep Mode Windows 10?
When you enable the sleep mode for the programs in Windows 10, the programs will be suspended. Therefore, the programs that you have chosen to put to sleep will not run anymore.
What Does Putting A Program To Sleep Mean?
When too many background applications are running in the background, the battery of the laptop will consume more power, or the computer gets slower than usual.
So, when you choose the programs or the background apps to put to sleep, you prevent them from consuming more battery, or more space in your system. It’s a good choice if you don’t want to uninstall the apps.
How Do I Make Apps Go To Sleep When Not In Use?
- Open Settings.
- Choose Battery and Device Care.
- Now choose the option Battery and then choose the usage limits of background.
- You can see an option that says: put unused apps to sleep. You have to choose it.
Why Does My Computer Go To Sleep So Fast?
This issue can occur for several reasons. They include the unattended lockout system of the computer, the improper screensaver settings, power management of the system, and even an outdated driver.
To Sum It Up
By putting the programs into sleep mode you are managing your computer resources. Windows 10, with this latest technology, lets its users run the system hazard-free.
Your system will perform better than ever when you choose some unused apps put to sleep mode.